Homework OCC | Watercolor: Exploring Mediums | Day 2

29.09.2015

Hi everyone,

Today I want to show you my homework for the Online Card Class Watercolor for Card Makers: Exploring Mediums.

http://onlinecardclasses.com/watercolorEM/class-info/ 

I made a Baby card for Day 2 where Kristina Werner showed us how to do No-Line Watercoloring with Distress Inks.




At first I stamped the elephant, bunny and soap bubbles from the cute Mama Elephant «Ella & Friends» stamp set in «Pumice Stone». To get a lighter impression of the images for the no-line coloring look I stamped them on a piece of scratch paper first. Then I stamped the 2nd generation onto my Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock. I colored the elephant with «Iced Spruce» and the bunny with «Pumice Stone». For the light blue wash around the images I used my one and only ;-) Kuretake ZIG Clean Color Real Brush (036 – Light Blue).

The sentiment is from the Mama Elephant «Just Hatched» stamp set and I heat embossed it with «Liquid Platinum» embossing powder by Ranger. I used the largest «Stitched Rectangle» die from Simon Says Stamp to cut my watercolor panel. I also die-cut the ME «Femme Frames» scalloped rectangle from blue cardstock and adhered everything to a grey card base.

I embellished my card with two paper banners and a tiny blue die-cut heart.

Thank you so much for stopping by!


4 Kommentare :

Stephanie hat gesagt…

Oh, was ist diese Karte süss!! Ich habe mich bisher noch nicht so richtig an Watercoloring herangetraut, geschweige denn no-line coloring. Aber du beherrscht diese Technik perfekt!!
Ganz liebe Grüsse
Stéphanie

Unknown hat gesagt…

This is so cute, looks like a children book cover.

SonjaK hat gesagt…

Wow!

Tracy hat gesagt…

How darling! The images are just precious and your watercoloring is superb. Especially love the color combo on the bubbles. :-)

 
site design by designer blogs