DT Skipping Stones Design | Tip/Technique Hop #1

12.09.2015

Hello everyone,

welcome to our very first Skipping Stones Design Tip/Technique Hop. Today each DT member will share a technique, tip or suggestion for creating or organizing. You should have arrived from Tanja, she's one of our guest designers this month. We hope you'll find lots of inspiration while hopping along (see the complete link list is at the bottom of this post). For your chance to be a random winner of a Skipping Stones Design stamp set simply leave a comment at each stop of the hop. You'll have time until Wednesday September 16 at 5:00 pm EST to comment.

Before the summer finally ends I wanted to create a card with the Tropical Birthday stamp set.


I used two fun techniques on this card: Masking and Ink Blending. I stamped the palm tree and the sweet hula girl in Memento «Rich Cocoa» (it's a dark brown, although it looks almost black in the photo) to make my little summer scene. Then I took a matching marker to extend the line of the sand bank.

I stamped the images a second time on «Stamping Mask Paper» from Inkadinkado and fussy cut them. I applied the masks over my stamped scene before I started the Ink Blending for my warm sky background. Therefore I used the Mini Ink Blending Tools from Ranger and Simon Says Stamp Dye Inks. This gorgeous color combo was totally inspired by Laura Bassen aka as the «Queen of Ink Blending» ;-)

Tip: You will have to use a very light hand and circular motions while blending the inks to avoid ugly strokes. To get rid of too much ink on the foam, tab the ink blending tool lightly on a piece of scratch paper first before bringing it to your cardstock. It requires some patience but you will end up with a beautiful smooth result.

The coloring was done with Copics and I added some Glossy Accents to the coconuts. I white heat embossed the funny sentiment at the top and stamped the «Happy Birthday» at the bottom of my card. Finally I rounded all the corners using my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

If you get lost along the way here is the line-up of all the hop participants:

Tanja (Guest Designer)
Anja —> that's me
Teresa

Make sure you leave a comment below and now hop over to see what Ilina created!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

18 Kommentare :

"glow" hat gesagt…

gorgeous tropical card... i love the palm trees :) sending smiles...

New Creations hat gesagt…

What a beautiful blending and sunset scene for this hula hoopla girl and i love this fun sentiment, adorable!

Teresa Kline hat gesagt…

oh WOW... You have made this looks so easy, I struggle with masking...super sweetcard!

sparkle & shine *~*

Alice (scrAPpamondo) hat gesagt…

Very fun and sweet card! Love your colours combo and the smooth blended background! Thanks for the tip!

Giovana hat gesagt…

Beautiful!!

Karen Hasheck hat gesagt…

Pretty card- thanks for sharing!!

Heidi hat gesagt…

Both are fabulous techniques. I have a stock pile of stamping mask images and always loved using this technique- it always impresses people when they can't figure out how you did it. cute little card too!

Denise Bryant hat gesagt…

Gorgeous card and a fun sentiment! Love that color blending and masking... great techniques!

Jean Bullock hat gesagt…

Wow, this is gorgeous. Thanks for the masking and blending tip. You are awesome at it. You blended so well, I thought it was air brushed. Well done.

Lucy E. hat gesagt…

Your card is very cute!
That sky is really awesome!

Jan's Paper Flowers hat gesagt…

Wow...love the way you blended the colors! Great card!

Barb Turpin hat gesagt…

Beautiful...love the sand and the sunset.

Shelly hat gesagt…

Fabulous card!! Love your background and scene!

Karenladd hat gesagt…

What an adorably fun card! I love the blended ink background and your wonderful masking technique!

SHartl hat gesagt…

That hula girl stamp is so cute and I love the texture of the sand!

María Pilar hat gesagt…

Adorable! I like so much that background and the masking tecnique. Thanks for your tip.

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs hat gesagt…

Wow! This is one of the best ink blending jobs I've ever seen. Amazing!

Tracy hat gesagt…

LOL That sentiment is too funny. Your blending looks flawless. Your tip is spot on. I'm too impatient and end up with an unwanted streak. Great card!

 
site design by designer blogs