DT bastel-traum.ch Challenge May

15.05.2015

Hello everyone,

today I want to share with you my card for the bastel-traum.ch Challenge – the new theme is «Water».
http://bastel-traum.blogspot.ch/ 
The challenge will run until June 15th, 8:55 am CET.

In Germany, yesterday's Ascension day is also Father's Day and this is the card I made for my lovely daddy.


At first, I created this kind of watery background with Distress Inks («Tumbled Glass», «Salty Ocean» and «Peacock Feathers») and lots of water. I also added some random splatters by flipping my paint brush. After everything was completely dry, I stamped the wave image from the Studio Calico «Message in a Bottle» stamp set in VersaMark and heat embossed it with aqua embossing powder. Then I carefully cut along the top of the wave with my craft knife to create a slit. I white embossed the bottle on vellum and fussy cut it right against the edge. I stamped the sentiment and heart from the Simon Says Stamp «Sending happy thoughts» stamp set and heat embossed it in «Cherry Cobbler» (Stampin' Up!) and «Liquid Platinum» (Ranger). The cork was made out of wood veneer paper. I tucked the bottle in the slit at an angle so it looks like it peeks out of the waves. To finish my card, I adhered some matching Doodlebug pearls and a strip of My Mind's Eye washi tape to create a border.

I enter my card to the SSS Flickr Challenge #19 – Create your own background.

Thank you so much for stopping by! See you tomorrow :o)


5 Kommentare :

Marlene Bonetti hat gesagt…

Total schön mit dem Wasser!

Shelly hat gesagt…

This is very cool! Love the glass bottle!

Tracy hat gesagt…

You've achieved an amazing look on this card Anja. The water looks so cool. Happy Father's Day to your dad. Hugs!

Vicki Dutcher hat gesagt…

Fun card - congrats on your SSS Shout Out!

Grenouille Greetings hat gesagt…

I saw this fabulous card showcased at SSS and I had to drop by to tell you how much I love it! Super clever and beautifully executed! Hugs, Lesley

 
site design by designer blogs